HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Cardiac arrest is a medical emergency that can lead to death. With urgent medical care to restart the heart, survival is possible.
Quick decision-making to recognise and assess a cardiac emergency, call for medical assistance, and perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) procedures will increase the chance of survival for a person who is unconscious and not breathing normally.
In this CPR course, you will learn these skills, in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, including using an automated external defibrillator (AED), how to rotate first aiders with minimal interruptions to compressions, and what to do if the casualty regurgitates or vomits.
The course also covers conveying accurate incident details when handing the casualty over to emergency services, how to review an incident, to recognise any psychological impacts on self and other rescuers, to seek help if required, and to improve their own personal skills and response times.
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd - RTO 90909.
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation. To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au.
This unit HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation supersedes the previous competency HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation. If you specifically need to complete HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation for any reason, please contact the staff at Allens Training to discuss your options.
- Participants must have the physical capacity to perform practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
- Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face-to-face session depending on the course delivery mode.
- Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- Face-to-Face - Full face-to-face course (minimum of 2 hours); or
- Blended - Online learning (minimum of 90 minutes) with a face-to-face assessment (minimum of 20 minutes).
Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Certificates will require renewal after 12 months
For more information, refer to the following pages: