10685NAT Course in Safe Handling of Sharps and Infectious Waste
Please reach out to us if our dates don't suit or you wish to make a group booking.
This course is intended to provide participants with a range of knowledge, skills, generic and specific competencies to assist in performing their job role safely in areas in which sharps or infectious waste are present.
If you work or volunteer as a council ranger, public worker, in the parks and city service industry, as a domestic or commercial cleaner, medical staff, first aid officer, waste and recycling collection and processing staff, auto-repair and auto-towing service operator or in public transport then this course is a must for you
When your job role requires you to regularly or occasionally handle sharps and infectious waste, or are responsible for managing public areas were at risk of injury from incidents involving needle-sticks and human waste, you should understand and be able to do so avoiding risk of injury or contamination.
This course teaches you the ability to implement controls for potential hazards related to sharps and infectious waste, safely dispose of sharps and infectious waste and complete relevant workplace documentation.
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd - RTO 90909.
- 10685NAT - Course in Safe Handling of Sharps and Infectious Waste
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au.
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and interpret policy, procedural and legislative documents.
- Oral and written communication skills to clarify/follow instructions and complete report documentation
- Physically implement hazard control, use personal protective equipment and infection prevention, apply safe manual handling techniques, handle and dispose of sharps and infectious waste using available resources and equipment.
- Face-to-Face - Full face to face course (minimum of 6 hours); or
- Blended - Online pre-learning, with a face-to-face delivery (minimum of 5 hours).
Booking into this course commences enrolment with Allens Training Pty Ltd - RTO 90909 for completion of the online component of the course. The practical and face-to-face component of the course is delivered by Statpacks Plus under the auspices of Allens Training Pty Ltd - RTO 90909.
No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
For more information, refer to the following pages: