HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Please reach out to us if our dates don't suit or you wish to make a group booking.
Having the skills, knowledge, and confidence to recognise and respond to life-threatening emergencies can save a person’s life!
In this first aid course, you will learn these first aid skills in line with legal, workplace and community considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
The course covers assessing the casualty, providing safety, accessing emergency services, and using resources to provide first aid, such as providing CPR and using a defibrillator, administering an auto-injector for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, assisting someone choking, managing casualties with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR, and the importance of the chain of survival. Also, conveying accurate details when handing the casualty over to emergency services, reviewing an incident to improve own skills and response times, recognise psychological impacts from the incident, and seeking help as required.
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd - RTO 90909.
- HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 - Provide basic emergency life support
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au.
This unit HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support supersedes the previous competency HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support.
- Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
- Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face-to-face session depending on the course delivery mode.
- Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- Face-to-Face - Full face to face course (minimum of 4 hours); or
- Blended - Online learning (minimum of 3 hours, 25 minutes) with a face-to-face assessment (minimum of 35 minutes).
Booking into this course commences enrolment with Allens Training Pty Ltd - RTO 90909 for completion of the online component of the course. The practical and face-to-face component of the course is delivered by Statpacks Plus under the auspices of Allens Training Pty Ltd - RTO 90909.
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 3 years, with the additional requirement of updating the CPR component every 12 months.
For more information, refer to the following pages: