HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
Please reach out to us if our dates don't suit or you wish to make a group booking.
With instruction and practical training in line with legal, workplace, and community considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, and other Australian national peak clinical bodies, this first aid course teaches the skills and knowledge to recognise emergencies and provide immediate and effective first aid treatment to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury.
The course covers assessing the casualty, providing safety, accessing emergency services, and using resources to provide first aid, such as providing CPR and using a defibrillator, administering an auto-injector for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, assisting someone choking, using appropriate immobilisation techniques for envenomation, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, managing casualties with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology, and the differences between adults, children, and infants relating to CPR, the importance of the chain of survival, written and verbal reporting of incident details, reviewing incidents to improve own skills and response times, to recognise psychological impacts, and seeking help as required.
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd - RTO 90909.
- HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
- HLTAID010 - Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au.
This unit HLTAID011 Provide First Aid supersedes the previous competency HLTAID003 Provide First Aid. If you specifically need to complete HLTAID003 Provide First Aid for any reason, please contact the staff at Statpacks Plus to discuss your options.
- Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
- Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face-to-face session depending on the course delivery mode.
- Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- Face-to-Face - Full face to face course (minimum of 7.5 hours); or
- Blended - Online learning (minimum of 6 hours) with a face-to-face assessment (minimum of 60 minutes).
Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 3 years, with the additional requirement of updating the CPR component every 12 months.
For more information, refer to the following pages: